Once enrolled, an employee can choose to opt out (within the opt out period)if they wish, but they must be enrolled first.
It is the responsibility of an employer to select a suitable pension scheme for their employees. Here at Mad About Payroll, we use the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) which is a pension provider that was setup by the government in order to help deliver the auto-enrolment programme, so their system is extremely user friendly.
Working out which employees are eligible for automatic enrolment and what is expected of you as an employer, can be daunting, so why not allow our team to take care of this for you.
We can setup your NEST pension for you and your employees, ensuring all staff are enrolled correctly, informing the pensions regulator you are compliant and that all your obligations as far as the workplace pension are met, we will take care of:
- Advising you of your staging date (the date your pension duties as an employer come into effect)
- Being your nominated point of contact
- Assessing your workforce for eligibility
- Setting up a qualifying pension scheme
- Providing letter templates for staff
- Completing the Declaration of Compliance
- Completing the return to the pension provider